Is it ukulele? ukuleles? uke? ukelele? Jumping Flea? braguinha? Machete? Taro patch fiddle? Baby guitar?
|UKULELES BY KAWIKA, INC.
|David C. Hurd (aka Kawika)
1626 Kino'ole Street
| Hilo, HI USA 96720-5021
Special! Kawika Bullpen Jackets marked down to $125!
|| The Ukuleles by
Kawika website is a place for anyone who loves the ukulele. You'll find:
ukulele and color photos of the instruments we make;
- sound files of
all sizes of our ukuleles;
- free listing of old ukulele song books;
lutherie calculation spreadsheets;
- methods for making useful wood
- the application of these measurements to lutherie;
- a discussion of instrument tunings and acoustics;
shoptips for ukulele and guitar construction;
- sources of supplies and
useful links for buying used instruments;
- a beginning guide to Hawaiian
ukulele identification with hundreds of useful measurements;
- guest artists
playing our ukuleles and guitars;
- an analysis of the ukulele fretboard
with chord charts for different keys;
- photos and a naturalist's
description of koa wood;
- tips and sources of information from guest
- and a chance for input from you the reader (via e-mail).
Because I like Shiba Inu's, Birding and Fishing, I've
also included pages regarding those subjects.
note that we have retired from active ukulele making and are no longer taking
orders or doing repairs.
have finished writing my book "Left-Brain
Physics and Engineering Concepts for Building Guitar Family Instruments:
An Introductory Guide to Their Practical Application". Details
can be found here.
To send us an e-mail, please send to:
I hope that the site is
informative and fun for you. That's really what it's all about.
Ukuleles by Kawika
Making tomorrow's vintage instruments...today
Ho'olono ana i ke kani honehone a ka ukulele
(pause to listen to the sweet sound of the ukulele...)